Travels, music, technology... Random missives from my consciousness.

09 March 2006

Small creatures

Animals are just so fascinating. I've recently acquired a new flat mate, a gecko. He's extremely cool, and likes to hang around on walls eating mosquitos - which is great because then the mosquitos don't eat me! Unfortunately he moves too fast to get a good picture, but hopefully he might feel a bit tired another day and I can get his good side.

Also, outside my office, there's a whole family of squirrels. A few weeks ago, when I arrived, the babies were still really tiny and didn't have proper fluffy tails yet, so I wasn't sure what they were (I hadn't seen the adults yet). Then the day after I saw the adults leaping around, and scurrying up and down the fire escapes. I'm similarly rubbish at capturing them in photographic form, so here's a Thai squirrel who looks like he's posing for the camera, that I found on t'Internet.



This weekend, to escape the stress and pollution of the city, I'm going up to Kanchanaburi, where there are some national parks. I think a nice long walk in the jungle will be fantastic. And hopefully I'll get to see one of these guys hanging around (look down!).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thailand is like a huge pet garden...but you're not only sure who's the pet who's the human...

Urban-Wild life ^_^

4:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home